I don’t have much time to prepare breakfast in the mornings and it’s a meal I often just skip or pick up at Starbucks on the drive to work. I have found if I get organized and make some extra time on Sunday I can prepare breakfast or lunch for a whole week in just 30 minutes. It’s easy to mix it up with smoothies, oatmeal, or crustless quiche with my mason jar obsession. This crustless quiche recipe is perfect for a grab and go meal and it is extremely versatile and can include any ingredients you have on hand.
1/2 cup of cream
6 half-pint wide mouth mason jars
meat / veggie / fresh herb fillings of your choice
3/4 cup of cheese (I used Beecher’s Flagship Cheese)
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease/butter jars.
- Fill jars with veggies/meats / herbs of your choice.
- Beat eggs and cream together. Evenly divide between the baking cups/jars. Top with approximately 1 tablespoon of cheese per serving. Using a fork or spoon, carefully stir the contents of each cup/jar so that the cheese isn’t just resting on top.
- Place the jars on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. When tops are browned, they are done.
- Remove from oven and let cool. You can put the lids on once they are cool enough to touch (the tops will be puffy just after baking, but they will fall as they cool). Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. They will keep up to five days.